Sunday, June 3, 2018

Email sesenta y dos

October 23, 2017
This might be the lamest email yet, so I apologize. I'm currently in North Little Rock. I will meet my greenie this Wednesday. For the next two days we will be working the North Little Rock 2 area. This last week flew by.

Friday I spent the majority of the day cleaning the apartment. We walked to the nearest grocery store

and I dropped $40 on cleaning supplies. I wanted to make sure I got everything nice and clean for my new missionary. I took almost 3 hours just to clean the bathroom. That night, we met with the members of the Branch council to talk about less actives. We as missionaries now have home teacher assignments throughout the entire mission. Each companionship is assigned 20 families to visit twice a month. We will be staying busy. Then Elder Sotomarino stayed the night with me because we had an exchange planned for the next day.

On Saturday Elder Sotomarino hit the streets. We went to the Farmers Market and talked to people as they were putting groceries in their car. For me it's one of my favorite ways to find because people are kind of trapped their, and you can't get thrown out of the store haha. Elder Sotomarino told me he felt a little scared and uncomfortable about when we first started doing it. Eventually as we talked to more he started opening up and talking to more people. Elder Sotomarino is actually very talented at talking to people, and very good and teaching in informal settings. I was so impressed at the power he had as he testified to people about the Gospel simply putting bags of food in their cars. Then we had dinner at the Benitez house. Hermano Benitez is my Honduranean dad. That night we got transfer news.


Elder Merrill is going to Monticello Arkansas to be with Elder Toomer and Elder Padilla. Elder Padilla came out this last transfer and is from the same city as Elder Sotomarino, Arequipa Peru. His family knows Elder Sotomarino's family. Pretty crazy that they took two kids from the same city in Peru and put them in the same mission in Arkansas and Tennessee. Elder Merrill was pretty excited about it. I know Elder Toomer can help him to work hard and be obedient. I got to see Elder Toomer and meet Elder Padilla today, which was awesome.

On Sunday our investigator A came to church. I was pretty excited about that. During Gospel principles, we had a really good lesson on faith. Me and my son should be able to go see him on Wednesday. After church we went straight to F's apartment to have lunch with him with the other Spanish Elders. I'm super excited for this week. I'll be praying and fasting tomorrow for inspiration as to how I can be the trainer this new missionary needs. I'm so grateful for this opportunity. I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and all he has done for me.

I love y'all, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment