Sunday, June 24, 2018

Email setenta y cuatro


January 15, 2018

Transfers are done differently now. Today we have the whole P-day in Memphis, and tomorrow. Sorry the email is late, but to make up for it I have a bunch of photos this week.

On Tuesday we had a Leadership Training Meeting, for all Zone and District leaders, in Bartlett. It was a very inspired meeting, and I received revelation personally as well as for the district. President said that District Leaders have basically the same roles as a Bishop, and Zone Leaders are like Stake Presidents. He said that we are to preside over our Districts in the same manner that Bishops preside over their Wards. Therefore, we should conduct ourselves in the way we think a Bishop should act. That really struck me. I thought of every Bishop I've ever known growing up: Bishop Busath, Bishop Nydeger, Bishop Ure, Bishops Richins, and finally Bishop Peterson. All of them have very different personalities, but they all had two things in common. You could always feel their love, and they were never casual about their callings. I thought about my District. Can they feel my sincere, genuine care for their well being? Am I ever casual in my words or in my conduct? I was definitely chastened
by the Spirit. I know I can be better at that. Despite all the reminders I have, from the covenants I've made, to the clothes I wear, and the name tag, I STILL forget far too often who I represent. It's hard sometimes when you are surrounded by boys your age. We are told that we need to be able to have fun on the mission, but it's a fine line between having fun, and goofing off too much and losing the Spirit. I need to find that balance.

At the meeting we separated into groups as Zones and were giving a whole hour and a half to role play, or basically practice teaching. The
idea was to have two thirty minute role plays, with 2 fifteen minute reviews on each role play. We were dreading having to role play for so long, but it was honestly the best role play of my mission. I was in a trio with Elder Toomer and Elder Garn, role playing against the STL's. The focus on the role play was to ask questions and have the investigator talk more than us. President Hansen sat in on the role play and was incredibly helpful. I noticed that as I was speaking President was taking notes so I knew something was up. After the meeting was over, President
came to me and told me he was impressed with my teaching skills. He told me that during the role play he received revelation that I should open up a new Spanish area and train a new missionary again. He told me I will be going to Danville Arkansas! I had that on my mind all week. I'm super excited, a little nervous, and ready as I'll ever be. I will miss Memphis like crazy. It's a new chapter in the mission now!

Anyways I'm almost out of time, but I love you all! I feel like the luckiest kid to have the incredible family I do, not to mention the amazing people I'm blessed to call my friends! Have a wonderful week all y'all! I love y'all!

PS. District photos included: saying goodbye to the Benitez fam 😭, celebrating the new year with Hermano Lopez and the East Elder's Peruvian investigators

No comments:

Post a Comment