Sunday, April 15, 2018

Email cuarenta y tres: a baptism

June 5, 2017 
Alright I'll start off with the biggie: CW Jr was baptized on Saturday!

I had the honor of performing the baptism. It was such a wonderful feeling to help someone follow Christ. Everything went really well and I was so happy for him. I'll include some more details later on.

This morning we spent three hours of pday helping a member move some stuff out of some uhaul storage unit. That was rough haha. Not going to lie, I was not too enthusiastic to be doing that on Pday. But it's all good because we had a sweet week!

On Tuesday we had one of the greatest District meetings ever. We talked about gaining the little successes, such as getting up on time, starting the day off right with exercise, a good breakfast, and a good attitude, then having good studies and effective planning so that by the time we leave the apartment, we are full of the Spirit and ready to preach the Gospel.

Thursday was a super sweet day, we found some cool people, including a man named R. He is from the Dominican Republic. As we were walking up, at first I thought he was just Hispanic, then as we got closer I thought "no wait this guy's black." Elder Jorgensen started talking to him in English, and we could tell he had a Hispanic accent, so we asked him where he was from, and he said the Dominican Republic, so we then started talking to him in Spanish, because he hardly knew any English. He said "the one thing that confuses me is why there are so many churches." Elder Jorgensen and I looked at each other and then said "well let us tell ya why there are so many churches!" We than gave him a Restoration pamphlet and taught him apostasy and Restoration. He loved it, hopefully we can keep in contact with him.


The baptism on Saturday was so awesome. I couldn't take it all in. After nine months of learning, growing, and being humbled, the Lord let me experience bringing a soul unto Him. I had times on the mission where I thought that maybe I would never baptize. I know that this didn't happen because of me, all of this is because of the Lord. He prepared CW Jr to receive the Gospel, and He put us in the right place at the right time so that we could bring it to him. CW Jr is one of the most humble and kind hearted human beings I've ever met.

Yesterday during Sacrament meeting Elder Jorgensen confirmed him. It was so cool to see how happy he was. We stayed after church and talked to him until 2 as he waited to meet with Bishop R. It made me so happy to see how happy CW was! Now we just need to get the rest of his family to follow him. I've heard his wife is a tough egg, so we have some work ahead of us.

I truly am a lucky guy. I have so many blessings that Heavenly Father has given me. The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings me so much happiness and peace, more than I deserve. I know that Jesus is the Christ, and He lives to bring me, and all of us home to Him!

The Church is true, the Book is blue, the Jonesboro Ward has one more brother sitting in the pews.

No comments:

Post a Comment