Sunday, April 15, 2018

Email cincuenta y tres

August 14, 2017 
Well folks, I had a great week.
So I've forgotten to mention it for the last month, but Elder Jorgensen baptized I&E in Jonesboro July

14. I was sad I couldn't be there, but just like President Uchtdorf’s story of when he wasn't invited to the Madrid Spain Temple open house, it was more I important that it happened than that I was there. I have the picture attached below.

I gave myself a haircut this week, and it didn't end well, I'm almost bald now, pictures below.

I honestly don't remember a lot of what happened this week. But we did find an awesome Guatemalan couple who let us in on the spot, which was really nice, especially since it's been the same old same old of finding, talking to people, having them say they are interested but busy, and then they drop off the face of the earth. We taught them the Restoration, and they said they really want to attend church but are also very involved in the church they currently attend. Their names are O&A.

On Friday we tried to call R, but the call didn't work, it said our number had been restricted. Worried, we ran over to visit him. We knocked on the door and I saw him walked to the middle of the front room, stop, and turn around through the window. I was convinced he didn't want to meet with us any more, and I was depressed. I told Elder Merrill that all I felt like doing was going back to the apartment and crying. Elder Merrill just told me to go to work, so we left the car, and went out to find. 

We found E, starting talking to him, and he immediately let us in. He has a drinking and swearing problem, but he really wants us to come by. We will visit him tomorrow night. 

Anyways on Saturday we decided to go back to R's and knock the door. Still no answer. We knocked again. Nothing. So we decided to try calling him one more time. The whole time I was praying so hard. The phone dialed. Then R answered. I almost cried. I asked him where he was, and he said downtown Memphis. I asked him how he got there (because his car was parked out front). He said he took a helicopter. Then he opened the door. He let us in and we were able to talk with him for a bit. 

Then we got a got a call that Hermana Petty had gotten hit by a car, so we had to go help here and Hermana Keller. She was okay, just had a pretty bruised leg.

President Perez wants me to sing in Sacrament meeting next Sunday, so I will be singing Asombra Me Da, or I Stand All Amazed. I'm pretty nervous, but I absolutely love that hymn, so hopefully I'll do it justice.

Elder Merrill and I are really having fun here in Memphis. I'm so glad he's my companion, and that I get to learn from him. I'm so grateful to be here on the mission, learning and growing. I know I truly have received so many blessings and tender mercies here. I know I can do more, I can give more, I can work harder, and strive to be more obedient.

Sorry his email is a little short, I didn't have much time to email today, we went to the Memphis Zoo. Just know I'm happy to be serving my Savior. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment