Sunday, August 5, 2018

Email cien


July 16, 2018 
Hey folks, another week has gone and I am loving life in Mississippi! Unfortunately I have very little time to tell y’all all about it...

THE 100TH EMAIL!

On Tuesday we drove up to Collierville Tennessee, a suburb of Memphis. The Collierville Sisters are in our zone, and in the same District as the Holly Springs Elders. We went to their District Meeting to see how the District is doing. The Sisters totally forgot that we had District Meeting so they showed up a half hour late. Sister Hawkes is training Sister Uli’i, who is from Hawaii and is Native Hawaiian. Elder Paopao is pretty stoked to have another Polynesian in the Zone. We then did exchanges with the Holly Springs Elders and I was with Elder Billman. Man I like that guy. He’s such a funny guy and a great missionary. We talked to everyone and worked really hard.

Then we had exchanges with Elder Garn and Elder Caringer again. I went with Elder Caringer, and
man I love that guy too. This Zone is just stacked with a bunch of awesome Elders, I feel really lucky to be working with all these studs. This mission is just full of so many cool people that I am going to miss so much. Elder Caringer and I have become really good friends. President Hansen called him and told him that his best friend’s mom passed away, so he was sad about that, but didn’t really want to show it.

The bad news for this week was that T got evicted from the house he was living in. He owed some rent and the landlord wasn’t thrilled that he joined the church. Luckily Bishop was able to work out some living arrangements and he is okay now.

We are teaching a couple named P and his wife T. They are really awesome and really want to have a strong marriage and turn their lives around.

Yesterday, we sung the closing hymn in Sacrament Meeting, The Spirit of God. That hymn has become my favorite on the mission. I love the hope and power that it testifies about concerning the Restoration. I began to cry as I thought about these wonderful two years I’ve had to proclaim this message. I’m so grateful for my mission and all it has taught me.

I love y’all! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment