Sunday, July 29, 2018

Email noventa y tres: Southeaven

May 28, 2018 
This email will be kinda lame, because I have 10 minutes to type (emails have to be done by 5 now).

But just know this, I love it here. Southaven is awesome, and serving with Elder Cepeda has been so much fun.

I never really said this, but the Dardanelle apartment is probably the worst apartment in the whole mission. It’s tiny, smells like cigarettes and garbage, has no washer or dryer, and infested with cockroaches. I just kinda dealt with it because I felt like getting a new apartment was too much work.

The apartment here in Southaven is heaven compared to that place. It’s clean, has two bathrooms, has plenty of space, and is pretty much everything I could ask for. The only problem is it smells like
old people, but hey, I can’t complain coming from Dardanelle.

Elder Cepeda is hilarious. I don’t even know how to describe this kid. He reminds me of McKay, if McKay was Mexican and less sarcastic haha.

We were teaching an investigator named T that has serious depression. He is very poor and unable to work, and he doesn’t have a car. In order to go get food, he has to walk for hours to the
store, and he hardly has enough money to buy any food. He said he felt like Jesus doesn’t know how he feels, because He lived 2000 thousand years ago. He’s prayed for years and years that God will
help him get over his depression and quit smoking, and nothing has changed. I turned to Matthew chapter 26 and read to him about the Savior’s suffering in Gethsemane, and how in that moment Christ felt every pain, sorrow, sickness, and sin that any human being has ever gone through. The Savior even said in the beginning of his agony “O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me:
nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” The Savior asked if there was another way, but for Him, there was no other way. His will was swallowed up in the will of the Father. I encouraged T to trust in the Father’s will and plan.

I testified that the Savior knows exactly how he feels. It was one of the most powerful teaching moments on my mission, I saw a new in T’s eyes, a new hope. Man I love the mission.

I’m out of time, love y’all!

Pics!

We are out of miles this month so we have to bike! Now we have to wear biking vests in the mission as a rule so included below are before and after photos of biking in 95 degrees😂

No comments:

Post a Comment