Sunday, May 13, 2018

Email cincuenta y siete

September 19, 2017 
Transfer #3 started off well.

Monday night we rode over to a neighborhood to try some less actives. No one answered, but I did learn something. As we were coming into a complex, we rode by a telephone wire, and I could hear static electricity coming off of it. I changed the position of my hands on my handle bars, and both of my pinkies touched the end metal part of the handlebars, and to my surprise it shocked me. It wasn't anything bad, just like a static shock from a trampoline. I also noticed that it only shocked me when I pedaled. I was creating an electrical current! Pretty cool.

Tuesday was interesting. That morning at 7:30, Elder Jorgensen sent all the Spanish missionaries a video from the airport, and Elder Anaya sent Elder Merrill some photos. That kinda got me a little sad, because I miss them. I was thinking about it all throughout personal study, then at 10 during personal study I checked my email again and saw an email from Dad that a package for me was at the UPS store, and needed to be picked up that day. The remnants of Hurricane Irma came through Tuesday, and it was raining pretty hard, but right then the rain had died off, so decided to go get it. We got soaked, but it was worth it. Plus, we stopped at Wendy's on the way back.
That was just the pick up I needed to snap out of it. The package was full of Charleston Chews, and little inspirational quotes that Mom wrote, so that was awesome. After finishing studies, we decided to clean the apartment, it really needed it, and it was raining super hard. Then we headed out to make it to dinner, and got drenched. Dinner with the Tirados was fun. Caleb Tirado is a Deacon in the Branch, and super fun to hang out with, he's hilarious. After that we had English class, and like that the day was done.

Wednesday we worked super hard. We found all day long, and talked to a bunch of people. Full bike has actually been really good. It has given us so many opportunities to talk to people that we pass by. That night at around 8 o'clock, Elder Merrill and I were knocking doors, and we both just said "This feels really good."

Thursday was the same, a lot of biking, a lot of contacting, a lot of good feels. All the same except 3 hours were lost changing the tires on my bike, definitely took way too much time. I was putting some brand new tires on and so they were pretty stiff. We finally got out. As we were biking, we ran into the English Elders, who were walking because they don't have bikes. Both of them are new to the area. Elder Raish was trained by Elder Sotomarino in February, and he is training Elder Miller a brand new missionary.

On Friday, we had the Branch talent show. It was pretty fun. Some professional dancers came a
performed some traditional Mexican dances. It was pretty cool. But the best part was the last act. Fernando brought Evelia up on stage and song her a love song and then proposed! It was awesome. The only scary part was that she hesitated for about 10 seconds before saying yes, so we will see how everything shakes. After the talent show, Fernando told us that we need to go see them so that that they can get baptized.

Saturday we went to the adult session of Stake Conference. R took us, so we sat next to him and took turns translating for him. Translating is really hard. On Sunday we had stake Conference, which was pretty interesting. Afterwards, we had interviews with President Hansen and I was able to set some good goals for this next transfer.

Yesterday was a tough day. We went and saw R. R told me yesterday that I am a very disrespectful person, and that all I care about is myself. All this sort of came out of nowhere. Earlier in the week we ate lunch at his house and he asked me to pour him some juice, and I jokingly answered that he had arms too so he could do it himself. He laughed at that when I said it, but apparently it really offended him. He said that I am selfish and don't care about him, and I will never change. It really hurt, and the natural man in me said to heck with that crazy old man, after all it was just a glass of juice. It's an opportunity to learn from it, and to love unconditionally.

Anyways things are going well, we are working, and trying to be better. I know the Lord knows my heart, knows that although I'm not perfect, I want to be better.

I love all y'all, have a wonderful week!

Pictures:
Elder Anaya and Elder Jorgensen the day before they went home.
The Benitez kids
Elder Langford, now Zone Leader in Southaven
Elder Shrute

No comments:

Post a Comment