Sunday, May 13, 2018

Email cincuenta y nueve

October 2, 2017
Sorry guys. Not a lot of time to email this week either.

This week was awesome. It started out on Tuesday with District meeting. Elder Sotomarino had us read John chapter 4 to study how the Savior taught the Samaritan woman at the well using symbolism and questions. One thing that I took away from that is that I need to improve my scripture study. I need to be able to dive deeper into the scriptures, and use them when I teach.

After the meeting, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings, and I got a burger that had cheese curds and bacon on it. Soooo good. I was pretty good with spending money last month, so I had plenty left to treat myself a little.

Afterwards we had an exchange with the other Spanish Elders. I stayed in our area with Elder Short, Elder Sotomarino's greenie. Elder Short is from Mesa Arizona, but you would think he's from California. He is so tan that he's darker than most of the Hispanics in the Branch. Before the mission, he had hair down to his shoulders. His favorite catch phrase: "What's going on man?!" He's absolutely hilarious. I decided to break him in first thing and go straight to the parking lot of the Hispanic farmers market to talk to everyone getting in and out of their cars. It was super fun. In 40 minutes, we talked to 9 people, and got 8 phone numbers. Elder Short loved it. "Dude. This is way more fun than knocking doors!"

Then we biked to R's apartment. He opened the door. I asked him if he liked the cookies I left. He said they were like sand. My bad haha. They got destroyed a little bit on the bike ride over. He then told us he was moving to Nashville the very next day. So I told him I would send him a Facebook friend request, and that I loved him, and then I gave him a hug. We still don't know if he did move or not, we haven't been back over there.

Wednesday morning we rode over to the English Elders apartment and worked out with them, which was a ton of fun, and really helped me wake up.

Friday we had an exchange with the Zone Leaders, I stayed in our area with Elder Garn. It was fun. This week, I was able to use Facebook a little bit to contact investigators, which was really cool. One thing I focused on was turning myself over to the Lord this week, and I really feel like the Lord has helped me lose my fear and be strong. He is making me into a bike riding missionary machine. "Once you turn yourself over to the Lord, He will make of you far more than what you could ever make of yourself." -Be the Fourth missionary

I loved Conference. Especially Elder Nelson's talk about the Book of Mormon, and of course Elder Holland was amazing as usual. I love my mission, I'm so grateful for the time I still have to serve He that is the source of everything good. I love y'all! Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment