Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September 6, 2016 - I'm really not dead

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the letters! And by everyone, I mean MOM!  BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!  TE AMO TANTO. Seriously the only people I heard from this week was Mom and Elder Jimenez. I just want to clarify that I am not dead and would love to hear from you. This means you! I'm not going to give any names... Joel. Juan. Nathan. Everyone.  Email/send me Dear Elders,  ya doofuses!  Also Mommy, I want you to know I did get your Dear Elders Thursday night and I love them. Sorry My District leader is a stinker and is bad at getting the mail sometimes. He's also sitting next to me and reading this threatening to not get my mail now. Love ya Elder Lundquist!

Seriously our district is the best!  We get along too well!   A lot of the time, we get super distracted during ciclo and district meetings, but we make sure we have fun. I cry from laughing everyday. If any of you don't want to take the time to send me Dear Elders because you don't love me enough, I guess an email would be fine... But really if you can, Dear Elders are the best and ITS FREEEEEE! Just go to dearelder.com and select Provo MTC!

Everything here is going well, being cooped up in a classroom for 12 or more hours of the day kind of makes you crazy, so if you saw how our district acts sometimes for entertainment, you would probably be pretty freaked out.  When we don't speak in english to each other, we talk in Mexican gangster accents, it's hilarious!  And we've figured out how to play our name tags like kazoos.  But getting to teach makes all the crazies worth it. Man, I love teaching Sophia.  She is so amazing and I have so much love for her!  She is so full of light and she is so close!  The other day we were only supposed to teach for 20 minutes but Elder Ibarra and I went off and taught about the Plan of Salvation for over an hour.  The gift of tongues is so real!  I can understand 100% of what Sophia says, and I have been able to speak not knowing beforehand what I would say and been able to clearly get my point across.  I love Spanish!  Teaching in Spanish is so awesome, it honestly isn't that scary and feels pretty natural.  I love it.

Sunday was like "a spiritual monsoon" to quote our zone leader Elder Schelly. We had a evening devotional where CHAD LEWIS spoke. And ya know, Chad is basically my hero because he played for both BYU  and the Eagles, so that was pretty dang sweet!  Then we went and watched on a projector Character of Christ by Elder Bednar. I don't know if y'all have access to it back home because it is an MTC address but I definitely recommend because it changed my perspective on my whole mission.

Alright you guys -  I love ya, even if you've forgotten I exist.  I'll send some photos later today, have a great week everyone!

Love,
Elder Smalley

No comments:

Post a Comment