Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Email Seis - The Week of Gratitude

This entire week has been centered around our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for me. Every day I strove to strengthen my relationship with Him. With as much as I need the Atonement, I'm going to need to come a lot closer to Christ.  A few Sundays ago one of the members in our Branch presidency said that a lot of the time we associate repentance with immoral and unclean things, so that is a sort of dirty word in our minds. However, repentance should be as what it is; and opportunity to improve. I don't know about y'all, but I could definitely use improvement. And actually I was kidding. I do know about y'all, y'all need it too. We all do. One of my duties is to call others to repentance. Therefore I say unto ye: REPENT. You'll thank me later.

Going back to Jesus Christ, if y'all haven't heard “I Stand All Amazed” by Vocal Point, it is a must listen to. Made me cry. A lot. As y'all know I don't typically cry at all. This week was different. I cried a lot. Every day. I feel like Dad right now, this is weird. 

My homies from Summer Term
The two times where I totally lost it 1) We watched an old church video about the life of the Savior in Spanish, I swear the Spirit is stronger is Spanish. As they showed the part of Him ascending up to Calgary with the cross, I thought that with every agonizing step, He must of thought of us, and that was His motivation to keep moving forward. 2) On Sunday we watched 17 miracles, at first I was excited because I had already seen like 10 times or so. This time I bawled my eyes out. I was sitting in the back of the cafeteria BY MYSELF (I promise I wasn't being disobedient, I had gone on splits with my buddy Elder Austin Simkins to watch a talk by President Uchtdorf that was being played in a different building, while Elder Ibarra went to choir practice and Elders Lundquist and Villareal went to watch 17 miracles. By the time the Uchtdorf talk was over, Elder Simkins took me back to the cafeteria to meet up with those two.  The only problem was that there were over 1000 missionaries in the cafeteria, not great chances of finding two people. So I sat in the very back by myself) a total mess. I used the table napkins as tissues because it was coming down, and people were wondering why is this weird Elder by himself crying like a baby. The part where they show the men carrying others across the river got to me the most. That made me think of the Savior, how He carries us, and sacrificed His life in doing so. 

I'm reading in 3rd Nephi right now and let me tell ya, the Savior teaches like a champ, my purpose here is to learn to teach like Him.

Guess who's here?  Elder Jaxon Porter from NJ
At this point a bunch of people are complaining about the food here. I don't know why. The food here is awesome. And especially after watching 17 miracles, you will never hear me complain about food. Ever. I made the decision before I came here that I wasn't going to complain about anything and for the most part I've stuck to that resolution. I think we all could use a little more gratitude attitude. 

So if you are ever tempted to complain about ANYTHING, 1) think of the Savior 2) think of the Pioneers and 3) repent and offer a prayer of thanks. You have it so good you punks. The Savior and the Pioneers suffered more than you will likely ever have to, so suck it up. For the Pioneers, their suffering allowed them to come to know the Savior and His suffering. What are you willing to endure to come to know the Savior? Hopefully I can completely submit to His will so that He can trust me enough with trials that will help me come unto Him.
Just ran in to Elder Rylan Barron from my good ole days at Providence Hall Junior High. Man this is a small MTC world. He's going to Vietnam, the mission opened 3 months ago, and one district covers the whole country, pretty sweet stuff.

Folks this Gospel is true. I know for myself. I have seen the Hand of God far too many times to deny it. I will give my witness that Jesus Christ is our Savior, that the Book of Mormon is a testament of Him, and that through Him we can find true joy and be with our loved ones for all eternity, as long as I have the breath to do so. I am forever grateful for the opportunity I have to bring others unto this same knowledge. I want my service to be acceptable before the Lord. 


Saying GoodBye to Elder Saez
On Friday Elder Saez left for Argentina, he finally got his medical clearance. Friday morning he and I went on splits to teach Viri. The Spirit was so powerful. We taught about the commandments and she committed to be baptized. I could get used to that feeling for two years.

This work and this Gospel are true folks! If you don't know that yet, do what I did: ASK! (Heavenly Father). 

I love y'all, have a great week, stay in school, be good, and REPENT!



No comments:

Post a Comment