Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Email dieciocho: Ready for a Christmas Miracle

December 19, 2016
Howdy folks!
Monday we went back to our apartment and finished weekly planning, which is what we will be doing tonight as well haha. We never have time on Fridays, they are the busiest days.

Wednesday we had the Christmas Zone Conference. All three Zones in Arkansas were there, I had seen that many missionaries since the MTC jaja. The first part of Zone Conference was basically the actual Zone Conference, we heard from President Wakolo and Sister Wakolo, as well as an area Seventy named Elder Behesti. Elder Behesti gave a talk and compared missionaries to Navy Seals.

In order to become a Seal, you have to pass through training. Only about 4 of every hundred applicants pass through training and go on to become Navy Seals. The hardest part to pass is not a physical or mental test, the hardest part is the bed and uniform inspection. Many soldiers are turned away because they don't know how to make their bed or present their uniform properly.

Santa!!! (I swear I do not have my
thumb in Elder Janes' nose)
Many potential Seals, even after having done everything properly, are told that they failed, and that they have to go jump in the ocean or roll in the sand, making them what they call "a sugar cookie". Many soldiers have their pride so hurt by this that they choose to drop out. Elder Behesti said to be successful missionaries, we have to get over being a sugar cookie.

Then afterwards we had a talent show, which was really fun, a few missionaries got up and did dances. Two Elders got up and danced to Christmas Trap music, which was pretty awesome. Then we had a minute to win it challenge and we had a bunch of fun activities. Then to finish we had an activity where they showed pictures of every missionary in all three zones. That was a bunch of fun.

Then President Wakolo got up and and talked about how his heart hurt that we had to be away from home for the Holidays, so of course that made me cry. He said he loves us so much for the sacrifice we make to be here, and he is grateful for the work we have done, that makes me want to work even harder.

Friday we had interviews with President. That man is called of God, I'm a witness to that. He is so spiritual, and what's so impressive is that he's a convert. He was Christian before he joined the Church, his knowledge of the Old Testament is really impressive.

Saturday we cleaned the apartment for 3 hours because of a challenge from the Zone Leaders, that was soooooo needed. The apartment looks immaculate. It's so nice to live in a clean place. I really have come to love our apartment. Being on a mission has made me want to live off campus when I get back to BYU.

We have a very own tree!
THEN THE BIG NEWS AND THE ACTUALLY EXCITING PART OF THIS EMAIL, I SKIPPED ALL THE OTHER BORING PARTS OF THIS WEEK BECAUSE I COULDNT WAIT: We had a lesson with S and T about the law of Chastity....and...THEY WANNA GET HITCHED FOLKS

 Here's the catch: T leaves to join the Marines in January, and they want to have a nice wedding and don't have they money for a ring....BUT THE LORD PROVIDES MY FRIENDS We had dinner with Sister McMullin last night, and I felt a prompting to start telling her about S and T....so she goes into her room ... comes back WITH A WEDDING RING AND SAYS: "You can have this it's from my first marriage." I almost cried. THEY GON GET HITCHED FOLKS.
We are going to visit T tonight and talk to him about planning a wedding and proposing to S....PRAY FOR US PEEPS WE NEED THEM PRAYERS. We are really praying hard it all works out ... I'm fasting today, I BELIEVE IN CHRISTMAS MIRACLES.

Let's talk about Christmas: This will be my first Christmas away from home, but I'll be home if only in my dreams I'm okay jaja I promise ;) I hope all y'all forget yourself this Christmas, forget about what you want, think about what your Father in Heaven wants from you, what your Savior wants from you, and I invite you to pray for strength to align your will with Theirs and repent

That's my counsel for Christmas, I promise it will be the best Christmas yet. Say a prayer of gratitude for your family, especially if you're lucky enough to be with em this year.


Love y'all. Church is true, Book is blue, #LIGHTtheWORLD with everything that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment