Sunday, February 18, 2018

Email treinta y seis

April 17, 2017 
A disclaimer for this week’s email: if this email is lame, I accidentally deleted my first draft this morning (blonde moment) so I am writing nearly everything all over again. This happens to be the most stressful thing I've gone through all week. Talking to complete strangers about changing their religion is just fine compared to the panic attack I had after I accidentally hit the delete button. So I am on very limited time, but I hope I can still send a decent email.


A quick humorous update on pants. 6 months of doing wall sits every other morning has brought some visible results. It's a very bitter sweet feeling when you can no longer fit into your favorite pair of jeans, especially when they are the only ones you took with you on the mission. Luckily, I found an extra, much wider pair laying around in the Russellville apartment. Also when I sit down while wearing my suit pants, it suddenly feels like I'm wearing leggings. They should be able to withstand at least another 10 pounds though.

 Tuesday was an awesome day. We biked all over Jonesboro, and talked to a bunch of people. We found a Puerto Rican barber named C who is from Mississippi and is way cool. We knocked on his door and he opened up wearing a giant apron. We asked if he was cooking and he said that he was cutting hair and told us to come in. Turns out the whole front part of his apartment is an in home barbershop! We talked to him as he cut this kid's hair for a few minutes. After his customer left, we taught him about the Book of Mormon. He seemed really interested and he wants to know more, he is just a very busy man. He cuts hair at home and also works nights for another job, all while going to cosmetology school so he can get licensed to open up his own barbershop downtown.

While heading back to the apartment, I got to race a train on my bike...and I almost won. Well, I kept up with for about 15 seconds. I have no idea how fast I got up to, but that train was hauling and I was on flat ground, so I consider that an accomplishment. I guess those wall sits are paying off.

Role playing at Zone Conference
Wednesday we had Zone Conference in Searcy, and I learned many things. A funny story is that in
Zone Meetings and Conferences, they always have the District leaders present their District's numbers for the past 6 weeks and talk about them. The thing is that the Zone Leaders are the ones who compile all the numbers and so basically they have us talk about statistics that we had no idea about on the spot. When I went up I felt like saying "Well...I myself, just like the rest of you have never seen this chart before in my life and had no idea what our numbers for the past six weeks were...until about 5 seconds ago...so just take a look and you and I will both learn something new..."

Almost out of time so I'll cut to the chase. Due to an Elder tearing his ACL and going home, Elder Barron is getting emergency transferred to Batesville Arkansas. I had fun serving with him for 3 weeks, and I'll miss him. I don't know what I'll do without my Instagram buddy. Also one of the Sisters in my District went home today for medical reasons, so between that and watching Elder Croft finish out his last transfer, it feels like I'm watching everyone go home...

I want to finish with my testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior, what a wonderful opportunity we had yesterday to celebrate his triumphant victory over death, in remembrance that through him we all will conquer death. He truly can give us peace in this life and eternal life in the the life to come! I am so grateful for him!

The Church is true, the Book is Blue, our investigator IA is going to be baptized in June!
PS: Mom, Jenn, Abbie, Clara, and Benjamin- thank y'all so much for the Easter basket!

No comments:

Post a Comment